Daytona Blues Foundation is a 501(C)3 Not-For-Profit Corporation
The Daytona Blues Festival, Inc., was incorporated in 2009 with the purpose of developing an annual blues music weekend that would generate proceeds for health initiatives for women and children in Volusia and Flagler counties.
The Daytona Blues Festival is a three day festival held the weekend before Columbus Day .
- The festival is held at the historic Jackie Robinson Ballpark in downtown Daytona Beach.
- The festival features nationally known artists, emerging blues artists, and draws blues lovers from all over the US, Canada, and Europe.
- Blues fans from 27 states and 5 foreign countries attended the 2015 Daytona Blues Festival.
- The 2016 festival was cancelled due to the arrival of Hurricane Matthew.
- The Daytona Blues Festival is run by volunteers; no salaries are drawn from any monies generated by the festival, and all proceeds fund women’s and children’s health services in Volusia and Flagler counties.
- In 2013, 2014, and 2015 the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit expansion at Halifax Health and Project WARM, Women Assisting Recovering Mothers, received all festival proceeds. $35,000 was raised in 2013 and $55,ooo was raised at the 2014 festival and presented to Halifax Health’s NICU expansion and to Project WARM. The 2015 festival raised $60,000 for the Halifax Health NICU and Project WARM.
- Even though the 2016 DBF was cancelled, thanks to our wonderful sponsors and loyal blues fans, the festival was able to donate $15,000 to the Halifax Health NICU and $15,000 to Project WARM, Women Assisting Recovering Mothers.
- In 6 years, the Daytona Blues Festival has raised over $195,000 for charities benefiting women and children in Volusia and Flagler counties.
2017 is the Second Seventh Year of the Festival
- The inaugural Daytona Blues Festival was held October 2010.
- The Festival is now in its second 7th year as the 2016 festival was cancelled due to Hurricane Matthew. The dates for 2017 are October 6-8.
- The Daytona Blues Festival brings the best of the blues to the beach at the nicest time of the year!
We welcome all forms of support.